The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
ACTION REMINDER: Flexible working survey closes tomorrow – please complete
Did you work remotely during Covid? Does it help you support a better work / life balance? Do you think aspects of your role could be done from home long term? Help shape the way we work by taking our short survey in partnership with Parents & Carers In Performing Arts (PIPA). The survey is open to all theatre and performing arts workers. The deadline for responding is 10am tomorrow (Tuesday 25 May).
UK Theatre Members need to book their place on the EGM to vote for inclusion
UK Theatre is proposing changes to its legal Articles which govern the way the organisation runs. The vote to adopt the changes will take place online at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) 3.00pm on Monday 7 June 2021. Fiona Allan, President of UK Theatre, said, ‘I am passionate about our need to create a fairer, more equitable and more representative Board that can help shape the future of our sector‘.
Registration information was sent to all UK Theatre members who are eligible to vote in an email on Monday 17 May at 3.15pm. If you are an Organisation Member and have any questions about the EGM, or if you need the email resending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re delighted that our #BackOnStage campaign was mentioned in PR Week as one of the Creative Hits of the week.
Concerns around Covid remains a major barrier for some of our audiences, so please ensure that you are promoting the See it Safely mark by displaying your certificate and signage in your venue, and on your website. Please email Kayley if you need access to the See it Safely toolkit.
#BackOnStage social media stats
Please make sure that you are using the hashtag #BackOnStage in your social posts around reopening. We know a lot of shows have been making speeches after their first performance, and it would be great if you could use this opportunity to remind audiences to use the hashtag. Please encourage your cast members to use the hashtag when posting on their personal accounts too.
- Since the beginning of May there has been 2,159 UK uses of the hashtag on Instagram and Twitter. 63% of these usages have been after 17 May with 76% of that used across Instagram.
- In the last week, Official London Theatre Facebook posts using the hashtag have had a reach of over 383,784 people and 5,147 engagements (i.e likes, comments, shares, views).
- In the last week, OLT Instagram feed posts using the #BackOnStage hashtag have had a reach of around 127,880 and 7,515 engagements.
- Across Twitter in the last week, OLT posts with #BackOnStage have had 251,085 impressions with 3,469 engagements.
- In the last week TikToks containing the #BackOnStage have had 95,180 views and 12,944 engagements.
Official London Theatre’s TikTok channel
Our TikTok channel has grown massively over the past month. We now have 6,318 followers including 600 new followers from the past 2 weeks. Our follower growth rate is at 7,070.83% from the beginning of May.
In the past 28 days we’ve had 282,700 videos views, 19,600 likes and 1,338 shares. We would love to host your TikTok videos on our channels, if you are interested in posting on our channel email Jess@soltukt.co.uk.
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)
Jobs & careers in the sector