Since 1 January 2021, UK nationals seeking to work in the EU are considered third-country nationals and may need a visa and/or work permit to do so. These rules are set by each member state.


Information about the new visa system for Austrian visas only

Visit the website here

European Union Flag


Information about the new visa system expected to launch in January 2022 (this has not been updated since 2019)

Visit the website here

Free Movement logo

Free Movement - The row over post-Brexit visas for musicians, explained

An explanation of the debate over post-Brexit visas

Visit the website here

ISM Logo

Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM)

Tabular document with country-by-country information detailing visa requirements when working less or more than 90 days, costs and embassy contacts:

See the document here

Musicians Union Logo

Musicians Union - Flowchart Guide to Working in Europe

Post Brexit deal, gigging in Europe sees the need for an increasing portfolio of documents to ensure trouble-free passage, to, from and through the 27 member states of the EU.

To help MU members with the increased administration, we have compiled an interactive flowchart for musicians travelling to the EU – either solo or in groups – to assist in making sure you have the correct documentation prior to setting off. The flochart guid contains links to useful online resources.

See the document here

UKEarts Logo

UK Europe Arts Work

short summary of visa requirements for temporary contracts

Visit the website

Viva la Visa logo

Viva la Visa

Visa advice for touring artists (special deal on advice for ISM members)

‘Our experienced team of visa experts are dedicated to working closely with clients to ensure the best chance of success with all applications. With offices in Suffolk and London, we make sure to place you in the best possible position for a positive outcome.’

Visit the website