The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
Scotland – easing of restrictions across retail, hospitality and travel
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced that from Monday 26 April, hospitality venues such as cafés, pubs and restaurants can reopen, along with tourist accommodation. Non-essential retail outlets and close contact services such as beauty salons can also reopen, in addition to indoor attractions and public buildings such as galleries, museums and libraries.
If everyone continues to follow the rules, the First Minister said it is expected that all of Scotland will move to Level 2 on Monday 17 May.
From Monday, lateral flow home test kits will also be available to anyone in the wider population who does not have COVID-19 symptoms. They can be picked up from local walk / drive-through test sites for people to test themselves twice-weekly.
London Theatre Young Audience Forum
The Education & Young People’s Forum has now rebranded as the London Theatre Young Audience Forum. We will initially be collecting feedback from venues and schools to inform our actions.
We would love you to sign up to be part of this important initiative.
Our aims are:
- To respond to the ever-changing theatre climate and to help London theatres reconnect and attract young audiences through schools and education providers.
- To make a commitment to young audiences and London theatres to ensure their relationships are inclusive, accessible, valued and long-lasting.
As we begin this new journey and theatres reopen, we want you to help us ensure that young audiences are represented across London theatre. We aim to meet four times a year.
Membership is open for those who work for a London theatre / organisation (in one of the 32 London boroughs) in either a participation, marketing or audience development capacity. Members will represent their organisation; each organisation may have more than one representative.
Please feel free to share with appropriate members of your team.
REMINDER: Upcoming industry webinars
We have a new set of webinars scheduled for next week. All details and registration links below:
- Marketing, Ticketing and Press Webinar – Thursday 29 April at 10:30-11:15am. To register, please click here.
- Webinar for Freelancers, Self-employed, Casting and Agents – Thursday 29 April at 11:30am – 12:15pm. To register, please click here. This webinar will be BSL interpreted and captioned.
Mental Health & Wellbeing Webinars: Discount for Media & Marketing Network, Free places for Freelancers
With reopening on the horizon, it has never been more important for us to look after ourselves and our teams, as we build back stronger. To support you and your colleagues, we are hosting a series of affordable 90-minute Mental Health & Wellbeing Webinars covering a range of topics presented by expert facilitators.
Members of the Media & Marketing network can use the promo code INDUSTRYWELL to pay £5.00 for a place (50% off the Non-Member price).
Free places are available for freelancers, as well as those who are currently unemployed or who may not be able to attend due to financial circumstances. Select the relevant ticket at booking.
Free event for parents working in the arts hosted by Improbable – Wednesday 28 April
On Wednesday 28 April, theatre company Improbable, in partnership with Mothers Who Make and PiPA, are hosting a free online conversation for parents and carers working in the arts during the pandemic – a chance to reflect on your experiences during these challenging times and support each other in recovering your practice. For more information and to book your place, click here.
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)
Jobs & careers in the sector