The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
Press opportunities for open air performances
If you have any outdoor performances taking place this summer, please get in touch with email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to share your plans, as we are working on various press opportunities.
We know how important it is to build back audience confidence and to encourage advance sales, and so we’d like to refresh you with the Ticketing Principles that we introduced last year following consultation with the membership. If you are following principle #1, please use the following messaging: Book with confidence, exchange with ease.
We are asking venues across the country to follow these principles, and specifically we have asked venues that sign up to the See it Safely scheme to follow them. If you have any queries please email Kayley@soltukt.co.uk.
The principles are outlined below and you can download the full document here.
- For maximized flexibility customers can exchange their ticket up to at least 24 hours prior to the event
- Every ticket can be purchased as an e-ticket / mobile / Print At Home, so customers will have the easiest, quickest and safest way to enter the venue
- Queueing and bottlenecks will be reduced at venue by not having collect at box office as an option for advance bookings, saving time and creating a better experience for visitors
Lobbying – Members Exclusive
We have published this week’s Performing Arts in Politics – A look ahead. Members can view it by logging on to the Advocacy page on the SOLT or UK Theatre websites (scroll down to the drop down called ‘Lobbying This Week’).
Become a member of SOLT / UK Theatre
For more information about how to become a member of SOLT or UK Theatre, please visit these webpages:
- SOLT: https://solt.co.uk/who-we-are/our-members/
- UK Theatre: https://uktheatre.org/membership/why-join/
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff