The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
REMINDER: Processing Covid-related health data
This is a reminder to members who may be collecting Covid-related health data from their staff, such as proof of a recent negative Covid test, to consider the data protection implications of such processing. The principles for processing such data have not changed from those which currently apply in relation to processing any other health data of staff members (ie it is special category data). However, the ICO has published some tailored guidance which members may find useful.
Olivier Awards 2022
As we look ahead to when theatres can reopen, we have updated the SOLT members website with details of eligibility criteria for the various Olivier Awards categories, along with the relevant proposal forms for you to submit shows for consideration by the panels.
We would encourage SOLT members to familiarise themselves with the updated eligibility criteria and the new submission process. If you have any questions about the Awards, please email Tracey Woolley, Awards Executive.
#BackOnStage Reopening Campaign – PowerPoint
Please download our PowerPoint with information on our reopening campaign. This is an extended version of the presentation which Emma gave in today’s marketing and press webinar, with details of our campaigns, promotions and partnerships.
Mental Health & Wellbeing Webinars from SOLT & UK Theatre
To support you and your colleagues, we are hosting a series of affordable 90-minute Mental Health & Wellbeing Webinars covering a range of topics presented by expert facilitators.
Coming up next week:
- This last year has been exceptionally tough for anyone responsible for managing teams. In Managing Teams Through Rapid & Complex change on Tuesday 4 May Auriel Majundar will provide a restorative space where managers can reflect on their experiences and learn from them.
- Master proven techniques that fit easily into everyday life with Alison Wright Reid during Looking After Your Body to Look After Your Mind on Wednesday 5 May and learn how to use your body to feel better and brighter.
- Eileen Bellot’s webinar Good, Bad & Ugly Stress on Thursday 6 May will unpick the notion of what stress really is. You will leave better able recognise your personal stress triggers and develop tools to enhance resilience.
Tickets are free for freelancers and anyone unemployed, £5 for UK Theatre & SOLT Members, and £10 for non-members. Members of the Media & Marketing network can use the promo code INDUSTRYWELL to pay £5.00 for a place (50% off the Non-Member price).
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)
Jobs & careers in the sector