The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
West End LIVE
We announced this afternoon that West End LIVE will return on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 June, with Sky VIP returning as our key partner. You can read our press release here.
Olivier Awards – Special Recognition AwardYesterday we shared a press release announcing the recipients of this year’s Special Recognition Award. The five individuals recognised for their outstanding contributions to the theatre industry are:
- Lisa Burger, Executive Director and Joint Chief Executive of the National Theatre for the past 20 years, awarded for her role in expanding the theatre’s reach, forging partnerships UK-wide and playing a key part in the industry’s pandemic recovery through initiatives like NT At Home.
- Influential theatre school founder Sylvia Young has been recognised for giving countless students opportunities to study performing arts and go on to prolific careers in theatre, film and TV, since she first started teaching in 1972.
- Designer Bob King receives an award for creating some of theatre’s most iconic and instantly recognisable visuals for hit shows in the West End over a 40-year career.
- Susie Sainsbury is recognised for her long-time philanthropy and support of the arts which has made a significant difference to theatre in London and beyond. She founded The Backstage Trust to fund live arts projects and was also instrumental in the creation of the Theatre Artists Fund during the pandemic.
- Gloria Louis is awarded for her trailblazing career, which began front of house at the Strand Theatre (now the Novello), progressed into theatre management and now to a role as the inclusion and diversity lead for Delfont Mackintosh Theatres, using her knowledge, passion and dedication to inspire young people from all backgrounds about theatre careers.
Job Opportunity: Marketing Officer at National Theatre Productions
As part of the busy NTP team, this position plays a key role in executing marketing campaigns and initiatives for tours and transfers of productions originating at the National Theatre, in order to meet audience and sales goals. The role involves working with NTP-specific external suppliers such as our marketing agency and social advertising agency, as well as a variety of NT teams including Marketing, Insight, CRM and Graphic Design. The post-holder will also contribute to department-wide initiatives including audience development work and strategies for engaging audiences online through digital content and social media.
The post holder will work with the Director of Marketing and Head of Marketing on West End, UK touring and International productions, including but not limited to: The Ocean at the End of the Lane, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and The Lehman Trilogy.
Deadline for applications: Monday 4 April at 12 noon