The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
West End LIVE
This weekend West End LIVE will be taking place in Trafalgar Square with over 50 shows performing!
As usual the West End LIVE performances will be going out on our Official London Theatre YouTube channel over the weekend.
If you would like your show’s performance clip, please email Milly and Jess who can provide you with a download link after the weekend. Just a reminder that OLT hold full exclusivity for the performance on YouTube, but you can share it on other social platforms.
Please tag #WestEndLIVE throughout the weekend and Official London Theatre’s social channels. Check the schedule here.
Kids Week current & upcoming activity
We have now sold over 143K tickets through our Kids Week offer.
Alongside the continued promotion through our owned and earned channels, we are undertaking the following activity in the coming weeks:
- School intranets for parents currently running until 14 July
- Programmatic Advertising across The Sun, Made4Mums and Mumsnet running until 12 July
- You Magazine email and website promotion currently running until 15 July
- BFI email inclusion on 29 June
- The Sun website & app promotion from 30 June until 13 July
- Promotion to grandparents and older parents through Older Is Wiser’s 50 Connect platform during July
- Silence Media programmatic video campaign running during July
- PPC campaign focusing on ‘things to do in London for families’ targeted keywords during July and August
- Competitions through Bauer’s network of online titles, IWONs website and the Winning Moments platform from 1 July until 1 August
- TfL launches their Summer In The City campaign, including promotion of Kids Week on 20 July
- We launch a prize draw in Take A Break magazine on 28 July, open until 15 August
- M&S will feature us in their Sparks customer email on 4 August with a prize draw on their website until 10 August
Remember to share content with us so we can shout about your shows via email@example.com. If you want to do more to our owned audiences do consider booking emarketing slots or solus’ with Tony and we can help you reach a wide audience through remarketing and demographic/interest targeting through paid social media and YouTube advertising – contact Megan to discuss.
Shows and audiences have shown extreme resilience this week with the majority of shows remaining open on Tuesday and Thursday despite the rail and tube strikes. We will be continuing to support SOLT members by providing detailed information to London audiences about how they can navigate their journey in through our B2C communication channels on Saturday, while our social channels will also be heavily promoting show offers with the message that now is the perfect time to see a show through TKTS.
Only in the West End
We have been working closely with the Central London BIDs on their ‘Only in the West End’ press campaign, highlighting the best unique culture, hospitality and entertainment the West End has to offer. To ensure our city’s world-leading theatre is front and centre on the campaign’s agenda, we have been helping secure theatre tickets for a number of national and international press trips happening this summer, including Fodor’s Travel (US), Food & Wine Magazine (US), Living Magazines (UK) and The Times travel section (UK).
Inspiring Future Theatre Update
Inspiring Future Theatre is national campaign to highlight offstage jobs in the theatre sector to primary and secondary aged children- that includes people who work in theatre marketing!
The commitment made by volunteers is to spend one hour per year to visit local schools, as co-ordinated by our partner Education and Employers, to talk about our jobs and make less visible roles more visible.
We also celebrate people that make theatre happen on Inspiring Future Theatre Day. This year IFT day will be on 14th July, we will be spotlighting Nottingham Playhouse, who plan host 150 primary school children take part in backstage activities. You may remember IFT day in 2019, see video here and as in previous years, we plan to trend on twitter with the hashtag #InspiringFutureTheatre.
Volunteers have already attended over 100 schools and spoke with 100s of young people about careers in theatre. We would encourage you to support this initiative in two ways-
- Support IFT Day on the 14th July on your social channels, shout about who makes theatre happen and your offers for young people. Please see this document for more info (attached doc link here)
- Sign up as a volunteer to the IFT website and select an event at a school in your local area. You can do that here. If you are already a volunteer, log in and update your profile on your account
For more information, please read the guide here.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact our Outreach Manager Siobhan.
Job Opportunity: Senior Press Officer
Shakespeare’s Globe is currently seeking a Senior Press Officer to join the Communications department.
They are looking for a strategic and creative PR to help support all the elements of the Press Office at Shakespeare’s Globe. The successful candidate will be proactive, work well under pressure, and a problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Deadline for applications: 10am on Monday 4 July 2022.
Job Opportunity: Media Campaigns Manager
Sadler’s Wells are looking for a Media Campaigns Manager to create high profile press campaigns for some of the best dance artists in the world and engage new audiences.
This role will expand the team’s media contacts across all platforms and contribute to delivering the department’s strategic aims.
View the job description and apply here.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 3 July 2022.