The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
Still waiting for a CRF grant payment?
We have raised the issue of delayed CRF grants payments with DCMS. They have advised the following:
- Round 1 Grants: if you are still waiting for your CRF 1 grant please email email@example.com with your organisation’s name and CRF reference number. David will then collate a list of member organisations still waiting which DCMS will chase with ACE.
- Round 2 Grants: Organisations should have had an email from ACE or NLHF on Friday updating them and committing to make payments in 7-10 days. If you do not receive your grant within 10 days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your organisation’s name and CRF reference number and we will raise your case with DCMS.
Thanks to everyone who has submitted a form for Kids Week. So far, we have 35 shows participating in this year’s promotion. Please see the below key dates:
- Announce Kids Week 2021 to the public: 23 June
- Access pre-booking forms available: 25 – 28 June
- Tickets on-sale: 10am on 30 June
- Performances: 1 – 31 August
London Theatre Guide
A special summer edition of the London Theatre Guide is now with the printers and will be distributed from the beginning of July, featuring 52 productions. The regular fortnightly LTG will resume from mid-September – more details to come.
Please make sure that you are using the hashtag #BackOnStage in your social posts around reopening. Please encourage your cast members to use the hashtag when posting on their personal accounts and ask your audiences to use it too.
We have created two posters to encourage your cast / crew and audiences to use the hashtag – one to display on your Stage Door noticeboard, and another for your toilet doors with a competition for the public. We will be dropping off the posters locally to West End theatres, and would encourage other venues to print their own. Please find the artwork here.
10 days left to apply for the role of Public Affairs Manager at SOLT / UK Theatre
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and deliver a proactive programme of policy, public affairs and external engagement activity for SOLT / UK Theatre and our members. The role will work closely with the Chief Executive Julian Bird and the Head of UK Theatre & Workforce Development Sebastian Cater to advise on lobbying and influencing activities, to help our organisations achieve our policy objectives.
For more information and how to apply, visit here.
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)
Jobs & careers in the sector
- Industry jobs – UK Theatre & SOLT
- Inclusive Recruitment Guide