The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
West End LIVEThis year West End LIVE will take place on 25-26 June and on Wednesday (25 May) we will be announcing the West End shows that will be performing. This will coincide with the launch of our ‘Sing it from the Rooftops’ campaign – more information to come next week.
Only In The West End This Summer campaign We are working with the central London BIDs on their campaign titled ‘Only in the West End this Summer’. We are ensuring that theatre is featured, by providing talent to take part in a features package highlighting their favourite corner of the West End, organising press trips, and featuring shows that are only playing in the West End. The campaign will have a soft launch on 26 May, with media roll out in the UK and US, and will continue with various phases throughout the summer.
Theatre & Touring Symposium 2022
SOLT and UK Theatre have announced the schedule and first speakers for the Theatre & Touring Symposium 2022. With an overarching theme of ‘A New Landscape for Theatre’, this year’s conference, sponsored by Spektrix, Tysers, Ecclesiastical, Theatre Tokens and YesPlan, promises to be one of the most important industry events of the last few years, with topics addressing current industry priorities, including: audiences and ticket sales, the cost-of-living crisis, workforce recruitment and retention, and sustainability.
We invite the industry to come together for the first-time since the pandemic to this flagship industry event which is being held at the Brewery, London on Monday 27 June 2022, followed by networking drinks at the Barbican Centre.
- ‘Live theatre vs. the golden age of TV drama: how to get audiences off the sofa and into theatres’ presented by Michèle Taylor (Ramps on the Moon) and Marianne Locatori (Theatre Royal, Newcastle)
- ‘The cost of touring in a cost-of-living crisis world’ with Edward Snape (Fiery Angel) and Tom de Keyser (ROYO) speaking, and Jonathan Saville (Nottingham Theatre Royal and Concert Hall) facilitating
- ‘People make theatre work: how do we stem the talent drain and make theatre a viable career choice for new workers’ with Deborah Sawyerr (Mercury Theatre, Colchester)
- ‘People and Culture: what do inclusive workplaces look like post-pandemic?’ with Keisha Thompson (Contact)
- ‘Book now…how to shift customer behaviour from hesitation to motivation’ with Katy Raines (Indigo), Chilina Madon (Birmingham Hippodrome) and Richard Huntrods (AKA)
Sky VIP tickets
We are reaching out to shows to take part in our promotion with Sky VIP for Q3. To take part, your show needs to provide 300 Band A tickets for Thu-Sun evening performances and 350 Band B/C tickets for Tue/Wed performances. Sky will pay £30 for each Band A ticket and £20 for each Band B/C ticket. Tickets would be for performance dates in July, August or September. Sky VIPs can win tickets to see your show by entering a ballot on the MySky app.
If your show would like to take part, please email Kayley for further details.
Job opportunity at SOLT – Content Administrator
We’re now recruiting for a Content Administrator to join our Marketing & Communications team. If you’re a social media professional with a passion for theatre, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our organisation and dive into this exciting industry.