The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
Action reminder: join our Anti-Racism Touring Rider Working Group
We are forming a working group to help us consult with UK Theatre members on the practical implementation of the Anti-Racism Touring Rider, which has been created to ensure that touring is safe and inclusive for all. UK Theatre will gather feedback from its membership and present it to the Rider committee. The working group will help guide this process, and we are looking for members to join.
We are looking for a mix of the following skills and demographics:
- Representing commercial and not-for-profit venues
- Representing touring and production companies
- Representing the four nations (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
- People with lived experience of racism
- Representing as wide a range of demographics as possible across ethnicity, gender, disability and religion
- Venue staff who deal with touring companies (e.g. Theatre Manager / Theatre Administrator)
- Skills in any of these areas:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Human Resources / people management
- Marketing / audience development
- Wellbeing and pastoral care
The working group will run for an initial 6 months, with the potential to extend. Payment for attendance is available if required.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 21 July for more information.
SOLT calendar for July & August
Please find our calendar of planned activity for July and August here. This includes our #BackOnStage coverage at first nights / press nights, plus our campaigns and promotions.
Please find videos on the links below celebrating shows that are #BackOnStage, now that theatres can open at full capacity. We’d love for you to share these videos on your channels.
Our e-marketing calendar is very busy at the moment, so if you’d like to book a solus to our main list or family list, please get in touch with email@example.com to make sure you don’t miss out! Best availability is from 2 August onwards.
Job alert! UK Theatre are looking for a new Training & Events Executive
There’s just 5 days left to apply for this role, which is integral to the delivery of great programmes and events that help support individuals working offstage in the performing arts and develop their professional skills. This role will help develop engaging, practical and informative content for live and online events to help strengthen of the skillset of individuals and organisations.
Please send this to anybody who you think might be interested in applying for the position. For more information and how to apply please visit here.
Job Opportunities at Shakespeare’s Globe
Shakespeare’s Globe are recruiting various positions including Social Media Assistant, Tessitura Coordinator, Content Officer, Customer Journey Manager (eCRM), Marketing Manager, Marketing Officer, Head of Marketing, Head of Digital, as well as interim freelance marketing and digital support.
Please find further information on all roles here.
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)
Jobs & careers in the sector