The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
Performing Arts Guidance for England
As of 17:30 when sending this newsletter, the guidance has still not been updated on gov.uk – we hope to be able to send links to the guidance first thing tomorrow assuming it has been published.
#BackOnStage – launch of Outdoor campaign
Today our industry-wide Outdoor advertising campaign with Global launched, as part of our #BackOnStage campaign. More than 40 London shows and theatres reopening over the summer and early autumn will be showcased across Global’s advertising sites throughout zones 1 – 2 on the London Underground. Find out more about the campaign here.
In addition to our Global partnership, we’re delighted that JCDecaux have also offered us advertising on 135 London Rail D6 screens.
As part of #BackOnStage, we are also asking shows, venues and theatre fans across the country to use the hashtag and share the magical moments from their first post-lockdown live theatre experience.
Reminders if your show is opening
We’re so excited for the theatres that are reopening their doors from today and we wanted to remind you of the following:
- See It Safely – please display your certificate in your venues and have the information on your website. If you haven’t applied, please find out more here.
- If you are a SOLT member, make sure you are selling on Official London Theatre – please get in touch with Richard@soltukt.co.uk. TKTS Online has also launched today.
- Theatre Tokens participating venues can add listings and offers via the Theatre Portal to appear on the Tokens website and be automatically emailed to customers. For more information on Theatre Tokens, please contact Jamie@theatretokens.com
New UK Theatre Organisation Members
We are happy to announce that Roots Theatre are the newest UK Theatre Organisation members.
Recordings now available of our mental health and wellbeing webinars
Our webinar on ‘Building a Resilient Team’ presented by Carmel Cardona is now available as a captioned recording (scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the recording).
‘A well-presented and useful webinar, full of interesting and informative content.’
We have more live webinars in our ongoing series promoting mental health and wellbeing including:
- Creating Your Racism Defence Strategy with Naomi Mwasambili, Chanua Health and Julie Clare, Inc Arts on Thursday 20 May
Tickets are free for freelancers and anyone unemployed, £5 for UK Theatre & SOLT Members, and £10 for non-members. Members of other industry bodies can save 50% off the non-member price – use the promo code INDUSTRYWELL for £5 tickets.
Details of all the webinars can be found on TheatreMeansBusiness.info, email email@example.com with any queries.
Tara Table Talk Colourism: Reality and Reflections – Thursday 20 May, 5.00pm
Tara Table Talk is Tara Arts curated series of panel discussions that explore the complexities facing our world through a South Asian lens. In this session Tara’s panel discusses the topic of colourism and reflects on the realities and impact it has on individuals and communities. They will share their expert opinions and lived experiences, exploring where these biases come from, whether women are disproportionately affected by colourism, and how it affects people on a day to day basis.
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)