The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
New See It Safely video
The latest research shows that safety remains a concern for many consumers, and so we would encourage you to promote See It Safely wherever possible, by displaying the signage and certificate in your venue and using the mark on your website.
We have created a new See It Safely video to show customers the safety measures that theatres currently have in place – please find the video here and please share on your channels.
ACTION: Kids Week 2021
A reminder that to guarantee inclusion on Day 1 of Kids Week, forms must be completed by end of play today, 17 June and that See Tickets have tested API access / allocations by EOP 22 June. To participate in Kids Week, your show needs to be connected to a SOLT member or in a SOLT venue.
Promotion runs from 1 – 31 August
On sale date Wednesday 30 June
A few things to note this year:
- Wherever possible KW will be sold through API although allocation will still be possible.
- As we are selling via API, the offer will appear as 50% off rather than a full price adult and a free child. This will give the customer the same great deal.
- Bookings will be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 tickets.
- There will be no accompanying workshops this year.
- No booking / transaction fees. Inside commission remains at 10%.
We have created two posters to encourage your cast / crew and audiences to use #BackOnStage. There is one poster to display on your Stage Door noticeboards, and another for your toilet doors with a competition for the public to win £200 in Theatre Tokens and an overnight stay at The Resident Covent Garden. We will be dropping off the posters locally to West End theatres, and would encourage other venues to print their own. Please find the artwork here.
There continues to be a lot of coverage with regards to the impact of the delay to full reopening for our theatres. Dame Rosemary Squire will be on BBC One’s Question Time this evening talking about the impact.
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)
Jobs & careers in the sector