The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
REMINDER – Upcoming Webinars
Please remember to book your place for next week’s webinars:
- Marketing, Ticketing and Press Webinar – Thursday 18 February at 12pm-1pm. To register, please click here.
- Webinar for Freelancers, Self-employed, Casting and Agents –Thursday 18 February at 4pm-5pm. To register, please click here. This webinar will be BSL interpreted and captioned.
Following our previous requests for information, we have been advised that the process is now even more streamlined such that if you run a business / organisation (which would include a production) that employs 50 or more people, you can register to order tests for employees who cannot work from home. Organisations can then directly book themselves onto some ‘Intro’ webinars and sign-up to DHSC’s digital platform, Egress, for ordering and receiving tests. As a reminder, the community testing offer is still available via local authorities for organisations with less than 50 employees who have staff that are unable to work from home.
We continue to engage with government on the issue of access to rapid tests for those working with under 50 people, and will keep you updated on progress.
In the last few days three new announcements have been made on funding in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland:
- Scotland: ‘A further £17.5 million of emergency Coronavirus (COVID-19) funding has been allocated to support creative freelancers and the events sector.’
- Northern Ireland: ‘Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has said that £10million of funding being offered today to a wide range of arts and creative organisations, will help stabilise the sector which has been disproportionately impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.’
- Wales: ‘Further £8.9 million to support creative sector freelancers.’
We have submitted to pieces of evidence in the last week. The first was to the Gaps in Support APPG and the second was to the EU Sub-services Committee on the Future UK-EU relations: trade in services. We will share these once Government / Parliament has published.
Dominic Cavendish conducted a piece in today’s Daily Telegraph with Julian – please find the article here.
Please find our latest media briefing notes here and share these within your organisation to help with any press interviews. We are continuing with our PR plans for 16th March with the #FirstInLastOut campaign and will share more information with you on Monday as we’re keen for the entire theatre community to be involved.
New UK Theatre Organisation Members
We are happy to announce that Wise Children, Sandpit Theatre and Anthology Theatre are the newest UK Theatre Organisation Members.
Wellbeing Webinar Series from SOLT & UK Theatre
SOLT & UK Theatre are seeking facilitators to create and deliver webinars as part of our upcoming series which aims to support the wellbeing, resilience, and mental health of offstage theatre workers.
To find out more visit: https://uktheatre.org/training-events/tender-opportunities/wellbeing-webinar-tender/
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff