The below correspondence is posted here by kind permission from the Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of their Members to champion theatre and the performing arts.
Action: join our Anti-Racism Touring Rider Working Group
We are forming a working group to help guide the consultation process for the Anti-Racism Touring Rider. The Touring Rider is a toolkit which aims to make touring a safer, more equitable environment. UK Theatre will consult with its membership over the next four months to provide feedback to the Touring Rider committee, with a particular focus on practical input from a venue perspective.
We are looking for people with a mix of these skills and demographics:
- Representing different venue types (commercial and not-for-profit)
- Representing touring and production companies
- Representing the four nations (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
- Skills to include:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Human Resources / people management
- Marketing / audience development
- Wellbeing and pastoral care
- In order to have diverse representation of participants and diverse opinions, we particularly welcome enquiries to join the group from people of colour and disabled people.
The working group will run for an initial 6 months, with the potential to extend. Payment for attendance is available if required. If you or someone in your organisation is interested in joining the working group, UK Theatre would like to hear from you. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Kids Week went on sale yesterday and we’re delighted that 55,325 tickets were sold on day 1, with a gross value of £1,372,386.67. This compares to 68,061 tickets on day 1 in 2019, so a really positive result. What is really encouraging is that this is just from organic sales and our Family Bulletin, as we’ve still to launch the rest of our marketing and press campaign. The Mayor will be highlighting Kids Week as part of his family campaign which will be launched on 14 July.
Thank you to all of the shows participating this year and for the quick turnaround setting this up from everyone involved, especially SEE and the media and marketing team. It was a challenge doing this via the API but on the whole, it worked really well. If your show is involved in Kids Week, please can you ensure that you top up your allocations on Friday so we can maximise weekend sales.
Coronavirus Recovery Guidance
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for SOLT Members
- Coronavirus Recovery Updates and Guidance – for UK Theatre Members
- Media Briefing Notes
- See It Safely Toolkit
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – Guidance
- Coronavirus Government Guidance Library
Wellbeing and mental health support for you and your staff
- Theatre Helpline
- Wellbeing resources webpage
- Mental health and wellbeing webinars (TheatreMeansBusiness.info)
Jobs & careers in the sector
- Industry jobs – UK Theatre & SOLT
- Inclusive Recruitment Guide