FREELANCERS MAKE THEATRE WORK MEETING: FRIDAY 30th JULY

Chair: Leigh Toney

Minutes: Josie Underwood (& Kelsie Acton)

Present: Alistair Cope, Leo Wan, Peter McKintosh, Josie Underwood (HAPPY BIRTHDAY), Jake Orr, Kelsie Acton, Steven Hoggett

Apologies: Paul Carey Jones, Susan Kempster

Arrival time: 9.30-11.30am

  1. Welcome & introductions 
  1. Updates & reports: 
  • VAULT Festival email (Josie)

ACTION POINT: Steven to redraft VAULT Festival email – Josie to post in slack

  • Inc Arts Unlock (Josie)

Action Point: Josie will put a call for people to attend the next Inc arts workshop

  • Away Day access/travel/food requirements (Josie)

Action Point: Reminder to communicate access, travel and food requirements to Josie for the aways day

  • What’s Next?

The What’s Next? Campaign have emailed to express that people should resubscribe to the 7 principles outlined in the campaign. 

KA: From an access perspective it is important that we reaffirm that there should be performances going ahead that still consider clinically vulnerable people, after lockdown restrictions lifting.

  1. Agenda points 

Process Group Update

We spoke in Process about the group audit – which currently talks about skills and diversity of the group. It was felt that where we went wrong last time is combining these two things

Josie and Mimi are going to take the skills audit and draft something and Kelsie and Leigh to draft the diversity audit to be reviewed on the away day

PM: How will this shared with the group on the Away Day – computer screen?

AC: Currently has not been discussed but will be taken to the next away day meeting.

ACTION POINT: 

  • Josie/Al/Jake to discuss how things like the audit will be shared on the away day.
  • Josie and Mimi to draft skills audit
  • Kelsie and Leigh to draft diversity audit

Strategy Group Update

We have categorised the notes on the miro board into different groups (which may be the satellite groups for FMTW) and then have begun grouping these notes into green/amber/red to look at what we can feasibly achieve in the short term, things we should be aiming to achieve in the mid term and other things that seem far off or unachievable. We have also added in a list of partnerships that we should be focusing on for each category.

ACTION POINT: 

  • Strategy group to further categorise and sort post it notes on the miro board.
  • To set up the next Strategy meeting

 

  1. AOB 

Friday 13th Meeting – should we delay the meeting after the away day?

SH: Please don’t have the meeting because it’ll be an extra stab in the gut!

JO: I think that the meeting should go ahead because it would be a nice time to get together after percolating on the Away Day.

JU: I think there are quite a few people who won’t be able to attend the away day AND the next meeting so maybe there will be people who feel like they have double missed out.

KA: Happy to host a zoom get together for those that are unable to socialise at the pub!

JO: As the group is small it would be good to put the offer on the Slack so that the wider group has a say as to whether we would like to host the Friday meeting or not.

Website

AC: The News page on the website is very stage heavy and the Brexit page needs an update. Al is going to do a clean up of the whole website to make sure that anything on there is current/not outdated. Al is taking some time off after the Away Day for his daughters bouncy castle birthday party, and then the week after for some relaxation!

Fundraising

Should have a fundraising meeting in the coming weeks.

JO: Propose that we should have the next fundraising meeting after the Away Day, when we have a slightly clearer focus. We have some meetings in the diary to confirm further funding.

Calendar

JO: When are we starting to use the calendar?

JU: Now! I have started lightly populating the calendar, but have also created a document where people can input dates that should be on FMTW’s radar, josie will then populate the calendar with these dates.

ACTION POINT: 

  • Josie to put a poll out to see whether we should have a meeting the day after the Away Day.
  • Fundraising meeting after the away day to be arranged.
  • Josie to share calendar document with the group.
  • Al to add everyone to the Calendar channel on Monday.

All action points 

  • Josie to put a poll out to see whether we should have a meeting the day after the Away Day.
  • Fundraising meeting after the away day to be arranged.
  • Josie to share calendar document with the group.
  • Al to add everyone to the Calendar channel on Monday.
  • Steven to redraft VAULT Festival email – Josie to post in slack
  • Josie will put a call for people to attend the next Inc arts workshop
  • ALL FMTW: Reminder to communicate access, travel and food requirements to Josie for the aways day
  • Josie/Al/Jake to discuss how things like the audit will be shared on the away day.
  • Josie and Mimi to draft skills audit
  • Kelsie and Leigh to draft diversity audit
  • Strategy group to further categorise and sort post it notes on the miro board.
  • To set up the next Strategy meeting