FREELANCERS MAKE THEATRE WORK
WEEKLY MEETING MINUTES
09:30-11:30, FRIDAY 20 November
Present: Esi Acquaah-Harrison, Ben Arkell, Rachel Bagshaw, Bill Bankes-Jones, Sally Beck Wippman, Nafeesah Butt, Paule Constable, Alistair Cope, Freddie Crossley, Anna Fleischle, Sunita Hinduja, Jack Hudson, Matt Humphrey, Ola Ince, Susan Kempster, Peter McKintosh, Prema Mehta, Vicki Mortimer, Chinonyerem Odimba, Emma Jayne Park, Athena Stevens, Tom Piper, Adele Thomas, Leo Wan.
Updates from working groups
– The group continued discussions about the role of and relations with unions
– Guest speakers attended the meeting from IPSE
- A guide to creating each episode has been shared on Slack
Online wellbeing initiatives
- Alongside the boxing sessions and tea breaks, we will host a new vocal warm-up on Mondays and share Cultured Mongrel’s daily dancing sessions. This will continue to the end of the year.
- Please propose and submit short (5-10 minute) written, video or audio activities for the advent calendar.
- A spreadsheet calendar has been shared in Slack for each one to be allocated to. The aim is to stay a week ahead of the scheduled pieces.
Website, Social Media, Emails
- Please continue to share the merch store through any possible contacts – we get a better deal if we increase sales and all the money goes back into our activity.
- Newsletter to focus on a break over Christmas.
Suggested access values and practical guidelines have been composed and shared in Slack, to be introduced and discussed gradually in the weekly Friday meeting. There was a suggestion that we share a breakdown of the principles and draft a flowchart of people and actions to introduce any structures or provisions.
We are still in need of a few representatives from organisations for next week’s Future Labs. Several suggestions were shared in the meeting to be followed up afterwards.
Proposal for a new MPs letter to be shared and discussed during the week.
Tea Break – Thursday 26 November, 11:00 (host: Freddie Crossley)
General catch up – Friday 27 November, 16:00 (Chair: Peter McKintosh)